Hey, Dr Sharl and I had loads of fun making them. Pardon the self promotion…
A descent into the bizarre kingdom of the comments window. Based on actual facts.
Here comes the train! MOOOOO
- No Porn Pledge Dot Com – “This site is a place for you to publicly declare your porn-free status.”
- G-1000 Guitar Amplifier – “One channel is called the HAPPY channel. The other is called the ANGRY channel. For damn good reason. One sucks your face, the other gnaws your foreskin off.”
- Ancient mask returned to Alaska ghost village – msnbc.com – Check that mask yo! Hat tip: Old Leadfoot.
- Title Details – Rockaway Records – “1969/1970(?) original 12-song stereo LP acetate Master Reference Dub (unable to date exactly) of largely unreleased MOI material.” Got $12000 to spare?
When Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman joined the Mothers, they were used to being judged by the last record they made. “That’s bullshit!” Frank said. “Your life is your artistic canvas…” Hear more about this, as well as more on the history of The Turtles, The Mothers, Flo & Eddie, and his solo project on the 4-part Podcast interview with Howard Kaylan: Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four.
An eloquent title if ever I saw one, as you’ll surely agree. Anyway, you may have noticed yesterday’s post which consisted merely of a bunch of links and a bit of light commentary. What’s up with that?
Well, every day I come across links that I figure could be of some interest to you, but don’t warrant a full post of their own (or I don’t have time to turn them into one). I either spot these in my RSS reader, or oftentimes because one of you has sent them to me via email.
So if you come across a page, site, article, video clip that you think would fit a Delicious Links entry, by all means: do drop me a note. It’ll either show up here in one way or another — or it won’t. Don’t get mad at me when that happens. Remember: such is life. ;)
Should high school students be allowed exposure to this weblog? Think of the implications! The repercussions! We must — you’ll agree, I’m sure — save the children…
Want College Undergrad material? Check Dr Sharl’s diary…
On this day…
- … 150 days of a Belgium without a governement, facing an unprecedented political crisis
- … in 1991 Frank Zappa announced to the world that he suffered from prostate cancer
- … at around 8:30 in the morning I had a minor accident, when a car bumped against mine, as I was getting out of the garage (just some scratches on the front bumper)
Can we fast-forward to November 8th please?
You’re Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain!
With an affinity for floating down the river, you see things in black and white. The world is strange and new to you and the more you learn about it, the less it makes sense. You probably speak with an accent and others have a hard time understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously. Nevertheless, your adventurous spirit is admirable. You really like straw hats.
… or so says The Book Quiz…
The world’s largest pumpkin – in Scituate, Rhode Island, now in the Guinness Book of Records. Arf.
The Magic Fingers Tribe came over for the weekend. The photographical evidence is overwhelming:
… and then on Saturday evening along came my pal Franky. We played some of our greatest hits:
Mrs Magic proved to be a fan:
… and so did Dr Sharl:
… and then — this is about 3 am — we decided to call SOFA on the phone. Big fun!
… and then we all sort of crashed.
Good times! Splendid times.
Though I am about to turn 36, my real age is apparently 34.5, and I am calculated to die at the ripe old age of 75.5. That means I can expect to live approximately another 14400 more days. Woohoo! Plenty of time to complete that novel I’ve been hatching: Online Tests — Who Gives a Flying Fuck Anyway. Should be a bestseller. If I get to finish it in time.
Took The Nerd Test. The results of the jury:
Mmmmyeah. 46% for math? Somewhere my high school math teacher is popping a vein or two right now. But the nurse is getting his meds, so that’s okay. Oh, and uber should be Ã¼ber. You know, with an umlaut.