Take it away, Miss Teen USA:
Clearing out the inbox a bit…
- Don Preston to tour Europe this summer
- August 9 declared Frank Zappa Day in Baltimore
- Another interview with Dweezil
- FZ and ZPZ pictures by CookieDuster, who is apparently a good friend of the family
- ZPZ bassist Pete Griffin has a blog
- Zappa appreciation thread over at Metafilter (KUR gets a mention)
- Article about Zappa from The Wire, 1995
- Cringe: recite the most embarrassing excerpts from your old diaries in front of an audience. Fun!
You know what happens when your posting average goes down, because you’re kinda busy? People start sending you links, thinking that you must have run out of stuff to post. So without further ado, here’s a select bunch of them, for your consuming pleasure.
- The echidna lives! And not many people know this but Zappa had one adopted at the LA Zoo.
- In Antwerp: Project Zappa, a page all in Dutch about better garbage sorting techniques and therefor in no way FZ-related, and not really interesting to you.
- An oldie but a goodie: the Don’t Eat Yellow Snow animation, now on YouTube.
- Oddly shaped watermelons. Yep, that’s a good description.
- Can you spot all the movie references in this poster?
- I finally know what the word OPHRYON means.
- Save Netradio!
- Here, have some VarÃ¨se.
- Ever seen the censored version of the BBYNHIYL album cover?
- Stage 6 at Divx.com: loads of high-res video’s — I can’t believe I hadn’t come across this one earlier. Definitely a time-waster.
- One word: Smurfs. Stay tuned.
- Never mind the text, this background image has to be the weirdest picture ever made of a dog.
- And in other news: the weather out here sucks!
… as Argentina is Michigan — at least according to this map which renamed US states for countries with a similar Gross Domestic Product.
Diva’s Laugh: Episode 1. Odd.
Please stop putting out records and attempt to acquire a sense of humour. Graphic designers around the world will mourn, I know — but the world will be a better place. Thanks! Bunch of wankers. Why I oughta…
Country music really is an underrated genre. Want proof? Here ya go.
Thanks Cheers SOFA!
About me: Calvin blah blah blah bl-blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blahblah, blah blaaaaah blah. Blah eggs, blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah teeth, blah blah bla. Blah blahhh blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah, blahblah blah hitch-hikers blahblah. Blah blah blah.
Heh-heh. (via Duncan)
Just testing out a snazzy new feature from my webhost.
Let’s see how this looks:
- Dr Sharleena is taking driving lessons as we speak. May the force be with her (and with those crossing her path on the road).
- Tomorrow I get to have my obligatory work-related bi-annual medical check-up. If you don’t find me posting here within two days (at the most), it means something went terribly wrong when the Doc asked me to “look up and cough”.
- I’m writing this while listening to Carla Bruni‘s “Quelqu’un M’a Dit”. Check her out; she’s got some brilliant songs, as well as a voice to die for.
- You are still more than welcome to contribute to The Voice Of Cheese. Just drop a note, and I’ll get back to you when your contribution is up next.
- The switch from winter to summer hour has been a pain in the butt. The people who enforced this should be
shotforced to watch As The World Turns episodes until they choke.
- The Trap, which had its final chapter aired last night, is one of the finest (BBC) documentaries I’ve seen in recent years [wikipedia]. It describes the path from Game Theory through to the concept of positive versus negative liberty. Food, as they say, for thought.
Conservapedia is a much-needed alternative to Wikipedia, which is increasingly anti-Christian and anti-American.
So finally here it is: Conservapedia!
(“There is no page titled “zappa”. You can create this page. “)
People who don’t live in London are called “provincials”, and are not allowed to meet the Queen or get married. Their suicide rate is high.