Let’s skip the witty opener and get right to the bulleted list, shall we?
Now that Lumpy Money orders are officially being shipped, I’ve added this 3 disc release to the discography pages. As ever, the Mighty Wiki has more background info. If anyone has had a chance to give this one a listen, feel free to leave a comment — here or at the discog page.
… if you purchased MOFO (4 disc edition), that is — have a look at the email announcement I just received from the folks at z dot com.
Update: You can now pre-order here.
Just a few things, in short:
– “Delayed reaction: Uncle Meat” (Frank Zappa Mini Film Festival?…)
– ZPZ: the mix of the 1st Chicago show is ready.
– Lumpy Money: delay
– Project/Object: show cancelled…
– NOT for the above things: applause machine.
– bloggism: Julie Slick – Eric Slick. Keep on bloggin’!
– Nowadays I listen to Tool.
– Barry and Sharl are still speachless… 🙂
The Zappa Family Trust will kick off a comprehensive campaign to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the late Frank Zappa’s albums next month. “Lumpy Money,” a three-CD “audio documentary” due out Nov. 25, is the first offering in the series — and, according to Zappa’s widow Gail, the most unique.
“These two records happen to be Frank’s masterworks,” Zappa tells Billboard.com, “so this is the most ambitious of all the (40th anniversary) projects. The challenge is how to educate the audience to understand what ‘Lumpy Gravy’ and ‘We’re Only in It for the Money’ are, and what they’re part of.
Read all about Lumpy Money here.
Update: related Vanity Fair interview with GZ