Now then: about that poll. At this time of writing, out of 257 voters, 39% (a nominal 99 votes) declared they not only play music, but have recorded some of it as well.
The plan, as obvious as it must have probably been, is to showcase a KUR reader’s recording, say once per week. I would host your track, have the commenting masses do their thing, and we’d hopefully find some gems in the process here and there. To be clear: your tune needn’t be Zappa-esque or avant-garde or something like that. Anything goes — from hillbilly country-music through Klezmer to high-brow electronic music.
So here’s how I got it worked out practically:
- Those interested: feel free to drop me an email!
- Subject line: “KUR Reader Music Submission” (this is important as otherwise your submission shall go the way of the dodo)
- Body of email contains name of track, your name and/or band-name and preferably some more information
- Please do not attach any mp3’s in your email
- I will contact each contributor for details on how to obtain the track
- Your track will be hosted at KUR should you not dispose of your own online hosting facility
- Contributions will be posted chronologically — that is to say: in accordance with the email queue
- Each track should be in .mp3 format, and should not exceed a 6Mb size limit (this includes the 25 self-declared Eric Claptons)
- By entering, you confirm that the track’s copyright is yours.
Care to join the Voice Of Cheese? You know the drill! :)