Remember my sneaking suspicion? Well I was right! Except, the party lasted the entire weekend and the company surpassed my wildest guesses. In order of appearance:
- Magic Fingers of The Big Note and “Variation Variations” fame, and his lovely wife Indra who does a killer imitation of Carol Beer;
- Balint of the great zappa.hu who had flown in from Budapest (and has probably forgotten his toothbrush);
- Tommi of Houdini Nation and Stagecraft Entertainment (the guys who staged Thing-Fish in London a couple of years ago);
- Bernard, KUR-commenter extraordinaire and allround West-Flemish good egg, whom I keep telling he should start a weblog;
- Christian aka vrnzr, our man in the Uncle Beat Forums whose encyclopedic knowledge of Zappa shows is a jaw-dropper;
- Peter Van Laarhoven, erudite curator of the wonderful United Mutations.
The food was quite simply delicious, and more Chimay’s, Leffe’s and Grimbergens were guzzled down than I’ve ever seen. But the best part: all you guys ‘n girls who were ready willing and able to (re)arrange your schedules for a weekend at Barry Towers. You’re the best!
Lastly: a huuuuuuge thank you to Dr Sharleena who had been secretly planning this as early as way back in August! Absolute genius!!!
Pictures? Yes! Now then… aspirin…
11 thoughts on “Best. Birthday. Ever.”
I’ll just say one thing…
You Havin’ a Laugh?
Computer says no…
God, I’ glad you didn’t mention I’ve slept a bit during the screening… I was afraid of that, in front of all the KUR visitors – but you’re a kind person! :-)
Nice weekend, by the way – I’ll never forget that surprised face of you! Great moment – thanks for being able to be there – thanks, Dr, Sharl!!
Chimayâ€™s, Leffeâ€™s and Grimbergen’s (do I need the hypen?) OK, but did you get the lagunistas (no hyphen)?
That’s my toothbrush, actually. And yes, the food was amazing, just as the company.
My trip back? Don’t ask. Some sort of weird, all female sect (called Karriere Club) had taken over the train from Brussels to KÃ¶ln. G.sus. 50 odd crazy and increasingly drunk girls, aged 23 to 64 …
Need some wo-a.
It’s Monday afternoon, and I am wandering around bereft. There are no Chimays in the fridge. There is no one around with whom to discuss the meaning of life (or Thing-Fish). Thanks to all you guys for making it such a great weekend. Just the best……..the company, the food, the ambience, the music, the laughter (so much laughter)……..and of course, special thanks to the good Doctor for making it all happen. So, where are we all meeting up next weekend……..?
Need more wo-a.
Hungarian says no…..
no, we don’t say “no”. We say: “voterr.”
I finally came to understand Barry’s behaviour and his forthright approach. He’s actually living in the town where current day artist Wim Delvoye wasborn.
Too bad i couldn’t invite anyone from the American contingent; it would have been too difficult for a weekend only. Perhaps in the future we can make the big leap and organize a meeting over there. Who knows?
It was fun. Even a bit out of this world.
Thanks for the invitation. And, yes, it’s all about Pygmy Twylyte…
Btw, Indra wanted to send you all hugs and kisses and suchlike, but, are you ready for it…………………………………………………………………………………………COMPUTER SAID NO!
Comments are closed.