Remember my sneaking suspicion? Well I was right! Except, the party lasted the entire weekend and the company surpassed my wildest guesses. In order of appearance:
- Magic Fingers of The Big Note and “Variation Variations” fame, and his lovely wife Indra who does a killer imitation of Carol Beer;
- Balint of the great zappa.hu who had flown in from Budapest (and has probably forgotten his toothbrush);
- Tommi of Houdini Nation and Stagecraft Entertainment (the guys who staged Thing-Fish in London a couple of years ago);
- Bernard, KUR-commenter extraordinaire and allround West-Flemish good egg, whom I keep telling he should start a weblog;
- Christian aka vrnzr, our man in the Uncle Beat Forums whose encyclopedic knowledge of Zappa shows is a jaw-dropper;
- Peter Van Laarhoven, erudite curator of the wonderful United Mutations.
The food was quite simply delicious, and more Chimay’s, Leffe’s and Grimbergens were guzzled down than I’ve ever seen. But the best part: all you guys ‘n girls who were ready willing and able to (re)arrange your schedules for a weekend at Barry Towers. You’re the best!
Lastly: a huuuuuuge thank you to Dr Sharleena who had been secretly planning this as early as way back in August! Absolute genius!!!
Pictures? Yes! Now then… aspirin…