Later that night: Jennifer Lettelleir gets Bests Choreographer award for the theatrical version of Joe’s Garage.
Tag: joe’s garage
While I’m mainly reading up on unrelated topics these days, you may find the following of interest:
- Duncan tells me that Zappa will be the featured article on the front page of Wikipedia on Thursday December 4th.
- Morgan Holt sends in this nice article on the prophetic nature of Joe’s Garage.
- Check out Frank Zappa’s Revenge, rather indepth reviews and commentary on FZ’s body of work.
- SOFA informs me of a new DVD entitled “Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention In The 1960s”: “This film reviews the true story of The Mothers of Invention and the music they made during the first incarnation of the band. With group members Jimmy Carl Black, Bunk Gardner, Don Preston and Art Tripp taking up the tale and revealing – often for the first time – what the real Frank Zappa was all about […] Also features rare footage of Frank and The Mothers from throughout the 1960s, archive interviews, seldom seen live performances, and a host of other features.
- If you’re at all into contemporary Brazilian bossa and jazz, be sure to give Marcio Faraco a listen — a pleasant recent discovery, carried by sweet melodies and a wonderful voice akin to Caetano Veloso.
Joe’s Garage Close To Premiere
LA Weekly has a rather lengthy article dedicated to the upcoming Joe’s Garage Musical, including a small image gallery. Anyone in the LA area going to see this?
Joe’s Garage: The Musical
I for one would love to see this:
The Open Fist Theatre Company in California will present the world premiere of Joe’s Garage, a new stage production based on the Frank Zappa album of the same name. Directed by Pat Towne, the production will begin previews at the Open Fist Theatre Sept. 18 with an official opening Sept. 26. The limited engagement will run through Nov. 22.