On March 9th, 2009, the Chicago Ate (or) The Utility Muffin Research Kitchen Employees’ Union Memorial Band (Chicago Chapter) presented “Joe’s Garage” at the ‘Martyr’s’ club in Chicago.
Tag: Joe’s Garage Musical
Some stuff from the inbox:
- Warren Cuccurullo has a new album out called “Playing in Tongues” which reunites him with Missing Persons/Zappa drummer Terry Bozzio. To be released on Edel Records.
- German tribute band Sheik Yerbouti ft. Napoleon M. Brock announce fall tour dates.
- Joe’s Garage, the Musical premieres September 26 — Heidi Johnson writes: “I peeked in on rehearsals and this show is going to rock! It’s dirty, raw and hilarious. With a band that would make Frank proud these musicians are hitting these complicated music pieces perfectly and the lyrics are blending together with the dance in the best kind of way.” Tickets here.
- A video hommage to Cpt. Beefheart: curated by Gary Lucas, Beefheart’s former guitarist/manager, with many special guests including Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo, Suicide’s Alan Vega, Kurt Loder, even David Lynch.
- Zappatika writes: “We are slowly starting to put together the final schedules for this November Ed Mann Project (EMP) tour, and it looks like there will be a lot of fun and a lot of GREAT music! Dates are coming in thick and fast and we have venues lined up in Holland, Belgium, Germany, France and the UK.”
- Idiot Bastard points out a bunch of Jimmy Carl Black download-only albums. Quoth Andrew, “It goes without saying that JCB will benefit greatly from any sales. So, eyes down, look in.”