Hot Rats: 200 Gram Vinyl Edition

For you completists out there

Mastered and cut directly from the original analog master tape by Bernie Grundman under the supervision of Gail Zappa. This LP features Classic’s proprietary ultra quiet vinyl formula and our 200g Super Vinyl Profile II pressed on specially outfitted semi automatic presses for maximum sonic fidelity.

Hands up who’s going to buy this!

18 Responses to “Hot Rats: 200 Gram Vinyl Edition”

1. Weirdomusic says:

This is an official release, so yes, I placed my order already.

A quote from Weirdomusic:

This is an official release, so yes, I placed my order already.

Why you completist you…

3. Rick Wood says:

Got to have this one. According to the description, this has Lowell George playing guitar on it. Must have been submerged in previous mixes! Not.
    But … I did order it. Probably sounds great, though the original LP sounds good anyway.

4. terje says:

o.k., i’m confused.

this is not the original vinyl mix or the ryko cd mix but another mix entirely? can someone with more zappa brainpower enlighten me?

5. Weirdomusic says:

A quote from terje:

o.k., i’m confused.

this is not the original vinyl mix or the ryko cd mix but another mix entirely?

It says “cut directly from the original analog master tape”, so this should be a new transfer of the original vinyl mix.

6. terje says:

thanks weirdo, i just needed a little reassurance.

since the old masters lp is allegedly from the original masters (unlike some of the others) it makes sense that this issue is too. coincidentally, i am currently rebuilding my zappa collection and the hot rats lp was next in the queue. so, thanks barry for the heads up!

7. Michael Pabst says:

Rick Wood says: “Got to have this one. According to the description, this has Lowell George playing guitar on it.”

Lowell has always been on Hot Rats – though I don’t know where. He only was not credited back then.

Meanwhile I get tired of having to buy the same things over and over again. Let’s get into something real …

M.

8. Mike says:

My “Hot Rats” is so well worn from listening during my college years (1973-1977) that I could use a new one.

9. Lunchmeat says:

I’m in.

I’m definitely in. Listening to a pristine pressing of Hot Rats from the original analog master tape is like taking a ride on an audio time machine back to when I first heard this fantastic album. Now, if only we could get all those early albums re-pressed in this fashion, then Barking Pumpkin would really be onto something.

11. Alex says:

Or if they just re-released the original mixes on CD? I’m down for that.

12. ton says: