Just kidding. You didn’t really think I was going to do a “year in review”, did you? Some interesting data from my last.fm account however that I thought I’d share.
Top Artists in the last 12 months:
- Frank Zappa: 619 plays
- Neil Young: 468 plays
- Bob Dylan: 350 plays
- Elliott Smith: 325 plays
- Ween: 281 plays
- Rufus Wainwright: 277 plays
- The Beatles: 257 plays
- Nick Drake: 200 plays
- David Bowie: 176 plays
- Flip Kowlier: 166 plays
Well… no real surprises there.
Nay, the revelation lies in the Top Tracks for the last 12 months:
- Bob Dylan – Like a Rolling Stone: 15 plays
- Bob Dylan – Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues: 14 plays
- Bob Dylan – Ballad of a Thin Man: 14 plays
- Bob Dylan – It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry: 13 plays
- Rufus Wainwright – I Dont Know What It Is: 13 plays
- Bob Dylan – Desolation Row: 12 plays
- Nick Drake – Pink Moon: 12 plays
- Rufus Wainwright – Oh What a World: 12 plays
- David Bowie – Life On Mars: 12 plays
- Rufus Wainwright – Vicious World: 11 plays
I have officially become a Bob Dylan junkie!
Of course, this list says more about the limited amount of Bobness I have in my possession than it does about my overall listening patterns — the chances of Peaches En Regalia playing 15 times on shuffle are slim, seeing as how I own pretty much the entire FZ catalogue — but still: this year’s revelation, for me, appears to have been Mr Zimmerman.
Take in account also that Sharleena’s iTunes is playing around here half the time, something which would certainly distort the above results (Eels! Flaming Lips! Ween! Sufjan Stevens! Barenaked Ladies! Spinvis!).
(Oh, and hey: have a Happy New Year!)