Just had a look at ZPZ’s 2008 tourdates. While there’s loads of US gigs, the European chapter of the tour has been limited to this:
- Jul 13, ’08 – Rotterdam, NETHERLANDS — North Sea Jazz Festival
- Jul 15, ’08 – Milan, ITALY — Villa Arconati
- Jul 16, ’08 – Madrid, SPAIN — Veranos de la Villa
- Jul 18, ’08 – Barcelona, SPAIN — Palua de la Musica
- Jul 19, ’08 – Berne, SWITZERLAND — Gurtenfestival
Not only is it obvious that ZPZ are blissfully steering clear of Frank’s traditional European fanbase (Germany, France, the UK, Scandinavia, Belgium, the Baltics – Holland being the exception to the rule), on top of that ZPZ have chosen the safe route by playing festivals.
What’s the matter Dweez? Us Euro’s scaring you now? I wonder why.
Post Scriptum: you gotta love the way us Euro fans were basically used as guinea pigs when the first ZPZ tour was put on the rails.
– PR Guy: “Let’s see if it sticks with them Ol’ Country folk first. Like it or not: yer dad always had more of a following there, so it’s the sensible thing to do. If it sticks, we take this tour back to the US”
– Dweez: “Ya think?”
– PR Guy: “Trust me. Been there, done that. With a bit of luck, them Euro’s are gonna rave about you guys all over the internet. Then we hit the US. Money in the pocket.”
(cue appreciative GS nodding)
– Dweez: “Mom, whadda you think?”
… and the rest, as they say, is history.