Universal Deferred Payment Agreement

Once you or a loved one has been deemed necessary to settle into hospital care, you can contact the local authority and request an agreement on deferred payment if you think you are eligible. Please note that this incurs additional administrative costs and interest is charged to the amount carried forward. A payment deferral agreement can help if you have to pay the full cost of your hospital care, but you can`t afford to pay the full weekly fee, since most of your capital is tied up in your home. Local authorities are not required to offer a payment deferral, but if they do not, they must state the reason in writing. For example, they won`t accept a payment deferral if they feel your home isn`t worth enough to cover your retirement home expenses. Before applying for a payment deferral agreement, you must have been deemed necessary by your local authority to move to a care home or already live in a care home. If the local authority knows that the person has a weekly income of more than £144 (known as personal disposable income), it can request that the person contribute the rest of their income to the cost of their care through the financial investment process. This means that only part of the costs will be deferred. However, your weekly income should never be covered by the personal plan. In Northern Ireland, there is no formal system of payment deferral agreements. However, it`s still worth asking your local Health and Social Care Trust if they could facilitate this type of agreement. In Scotland, there are no interest charges while you have the payment deferral agreement. Interest is only collected if the contract is terminated by the person or from 56 days after his death.

Interest should then be calculated at a “reasonable rate” set by the local authority. If you decide to request a universal payment deferral agreement, you can download the deferred payment request form to complete it yourself. The local authority also has the power to offer a deferred payment agreement to anyone who lives in a retirement home or assisted housing program and who does not meet all the criteria set by the government. When deciding whether or not to propose a payment deferral agreement, the legal guidelines present the following considerations: When you apply, the local authority carries out an assessment of your financial situation. Boards should offer deferred payments if you meet the following criteria: you can also compare the use of a deferral agreement with the alternative, for example, of selling your home and transferring the proceeds to a savings account. Payments related to the interest and costs of the local authority may also be deferred if the person so requests and the local authority consents. Local authorities may charge the adult the average postage, printing and copying costs, the time and overhead costs it entails compared to data protection authorities in general and, to this end, provide for different average costs for different situations. .

. .

Rate This Album

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars6 Stars7 Stars8 Stars9 Stars10 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

Comments are closed.